Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
BPS is a European Union funded subsidy available to Landowners, Farmers and some Agricultural Tenants.
At Howkins & Harrison we have the expertise to act on behalf of clients in all aspects of the scheme including:
- Registering Applicants with the Rural Payments Agency (RPA)
- Registering land on to the Rural Land Register (RLR)
- Applying for New Entrant entitlements
- Applying for Young Farmer payments
- Submitting annual claim forms
- Transferring land and entitlements
- Informing the RPA of boundary changes
- Assisting with penalty appeals
- Advising on inspections and cross compliance matters
- Advising on greening matters including the Three Cropping Rule and Ecological Focus Areas (EFAs)
If you would like more information on the Scheme and whether it is something you could be benefitting from please contact our Rural Team.